Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend definitely kept me busy. Friday night I got to eat some delicious homemade Indian food at my aunt and uncle's house. Then I saw my cousin perform for the first time with his band "Katie's Got Guts". I was actually pretty impressed with them and had a lot of fun listening to them. I couldn't believe how good my cousin has gotten at guitar, he's the third one from the left in this picture. Check out their page on Facebook or you can just wait until they become famous rockstars.


Saturday I did exciting things like clean my apartment and finish that dang puzzle so now I can move on with my life.


I canned another batch of beans. Don't worry, at some point I will tell you why I am canning so many beans.


I cooked a bunch of random food so that we can eat leftovers all week and I can be lazy. Some of the things I made include sourdough mushroom stuffing, cinnamon chipotle chicken, baked corn casserole and a pot pie using my canned pot pie filling.

On top of all of that I went running for 1.5 miles.

Sunday was filled with doing about a million loads of laundry and helping my parents with yard work. Of their 5 acres, hardly any of it had been mowed yet this year, so we had a lot of work to do. However, they made us dinner and bought us ice cream so it's all good.

Lastly, I am proud to announce that I had my first harvest of the year this weekend. Check out the radish.


It was very tasty. Hopefully later this week I'll be able to pick more radishes and maybe even some lettuce.



1 comment:

  1. Very curious about all those beans...

    That chipotle cinnamon chicken sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete