Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Radish!!

Look! A radish!!


Do you see it? Its so cute and pink. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised to see a it, as though I still doubt whether or not my garden will produce anything. But this proves it, I will at least have one radish.

And now I know you're just dying for more pictures from my super exciting garden so I won't keep you waiting any longer.

Here are the rest of the radishes. They really are growing like weeds compared to the other plants started at the same time.



A beet plant!



And lettuce! See, I have two different varieties.



Here are all of the plants that I have yet to plant outside. In the back are the tomato plants (which are getting quite leggy) and towards the front are some herbs and marigolds. I've heard that marigolds can be good at keeping away various insects and other pests that aren't so nice to your vegetable plants.


Unfortunately it continues to be too cold at night to get these in the ground. Tomato plants are very sensitive to frost so I don't want to take any risks. So for now I'll keep working on hardening them off. I leave them outside during the day to let them get used to being out there but I bring them inside the house if there is a chance for frost at night.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, I love radishes! Your garden is just lovely. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete