Friday, May 21, 2010

Quick Garden Update

The garden continues to do pretty well. We've had a lot of rain recently so I haven't had to go water things as much as usual, meaning I've gotten a bit of a break. Last week I planted my tomato seedlings and they are surviving. My beets, lettuce, Brussels sprouts and radishes, which you can see above, are still growing very well. I even got to pick 3 more radishes yesterday, which we've been eating with the salad greens from the CSA.

Yesterday I did my second planting of green beans and cucumbers. I'm hoping to have enough cucumbers to make into a bunch of pickles. I also planted some okra, but I actually have no idea what okra plants look like so this will be an interesting surprise.

2 comments:

  1. VICKIE!!!! I just found out from amy that you have a blog! I'm SOOO glad that you do because now I feel like I can keep up with you and know what's going on in your life!! :) i've read all of your updates and I feel like I'm learning so much! its making me want to be all homey and start canning! I'm so impressed!!! :) Definitely a follower now and can wait to read your updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara I'm so glad that you found my blog and I'm excited you'll be reading it! This blogging thing is making me feel so much more connected to all of you guys and I'm just loving it.

    ReplyDelete